Debit Visa® Cards
Easily make purchases online or in-store—anywhere Visa® is accepted! Or use ATMs to withdraw cash, check balances, transfer money, or make deposits.
Your Debit Visa® Card has no annual fee and lets you:
- Make purchases anywhere Visa® is accepted—online and in person.
- Turn your card on or off in Online Banking or the Mobile Banking app if it’s lost, misplaced or if fraud is detected.
It also gives you access to your checking, statement savings, or money market accounts and can be used at ATMs displaying NYCE, CIRRUS or VISA® program logos worldwide* to:
- Make deposits at most bankESB ATMs
- Make withdrawals worldwide
- Obtain account balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
Ready for yours? Instant-issue cards are available at all offices!
*Not responsible for surcharges or fees imposed by other banks, ATM operators and/or any networks.
If you believe your bankESB account has been compromised, please contact us so that we can take appropriate action.
- Turn your debit card on or off if your card is lost, misplaced or if fraud is detected. Visit the Service Center in Online Banking to get started.
- bankESB will NEVER call you asking for account or personal information. If you ever receive a phone call like this, do not give out your information and please notify us right away.
- To report a lost, stolen, or compromised bankESB debit card during normal business hours, call our Customer Care team at 855.527.4111. After business hours, please call 844.293.6242. If you are calling from outside the United States, please call 614.564.5105.
- Debit card Restricted Areas: debit card transactions will NOT be authorized for the following areas: Algeria, United Republic of Cameroon, Egypt, Ivory Coast (Cote D’Ivoire), Jordan, Mozambique, Senegal, Zimbabwe, Angola, Benin, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, United Republic of Tanzania, Libya, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, North Korea, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Romania, Thailand, Turkey and Tunisia.
The debit cards we issue are protected by our Fraud Prevention service, a round-the-clock service that helps to prevent debit card fraud. Turn your debit card on or off if your card is lost, misplaced, or if fraud is detected. Visit the Service Center in Online Banking to get started.
To get a bankESB Debit card, you must be 16 years of age and have a checking account with us.
Save time by electronically depositing your Social Security or payroll check into any checking or savings account of your choice. Plus, with Pay Advance, you’ll get access to funds as soon as they’re deposited into your account! Get paid early and say goodbye to waiting periods.
To set up direct deposit with your employer or Social Security, you will need bankESB’s routing number, 211870935, your account number, and our address:
P.O. Box 351
Easthampton, MA 01027
Safe Deposit Boxes
Have added peace of mind knowing your valuables and important papers are stored away in a safe place. Safe deposit boxes of various sizes are available at the following offices:
Agawam, Amherst, Belchertown, Easthampton, Hadley, Northampton, South Hadley, and Westfield.
Annual fees will be based on the box size you select.
Safe deposit boxes are not insured by the FDIC.
24-Hour Telephone Banking
bankESB’s 24-Hour Telephone Banking line gives you immediate access to automated account information or allows you to transfer funds whenever you need it—24 hours a day, seven days a week! Using any touch-tone phone, dial 877.ESB.24HR (877.372.2447) to get started.
- Available in English or Spanish
- Deposit and Loan Account Information – checking, savings, money markets, CDs, IRAs, lines of credit, mortgage, and consumer loans.
- Account History – find out the last 6 checks paid, the last 6 ATM or debit transaction/transfers, and the last 6 deposits made.
- Transfer Funds – between two statement accounts.
- Change your PIN
To get started with 24-Hour Telephone Banking for the first time, follow these steps:
- Have your account number(s) handy, which can be found in Online and Mobile Banking, your bank statements, checks, or loan bills.
- Call Customer Care at 855.527.4111 to establish a PIN.
- Dial the 24-Hour Telephone Banking number at 877.372.2447, press 1, enter your temporary PIN, and follow the simple instructions to change your PIN.
Dial 877.372.2447 and follow the simple instructions.
You’ll hear the following main menu:
1. To access your account
2. To hear current office hours
4. To report a lost or stolen card
5. To leave a message for Customer Care
0. To transfer your call to Customer Care
At any time during your call, press zero to speak with a member of our Customer Care team during normal business hours.
- FOR SECURITY REASONS, NEVER DISCLOSE YOUR PIN TO ANYONE, EVEN IF THEY’RE LISTED ON YOUR ACCOUNT.
- If you forget your PIN, please call Customer Care at 855.527.4111 for assistance.
It pays to have friends. Literally. You can earn $50* just for referring your friends and family to try bankESB Checking.
*$50.00 will be credited to your account after someone you refer opens a bankESB Personal Checking account and provides your name at account opening. The person you refer must be a new bankESB checking customer and open the account with a direct deposit (of at least $25) or sign up for Online Banking and conduct 5 debit card transactions using the debit card in the first 60 days of account opening. If achieved, the $50 will be paid into your account by the last day of the statement cycle following the 60th day the account was opened. By participating, each party may be aware that the other is a customer of bankESB. The referring person must have a checking account at bankESB. This is a limited time offer and subject to change anytime without notice. In accordance with applicable regulations, bonus payouts may be 1099 reportable.
- Download and print our Refer-A-Friend card or obtain them from your local branch.
- Write your name on the cards and give them to your friends and family.
- You’ll receive $50* when your friends and family open a new checking account with your referral card and one of the following: Online Banking and a bankESB debit card or direct deposit with a bankESB debit card.